You can do several things to make yourself safe in the face of electrical hazard. Dockside Power in Hollywood, Florida knows how dangerous electricity can be around the boat dock. Our products are equipped for safety, but we know accidents can always still happen. These tips are for you to stay safe when you are readying to head out on the water. If you are interested in learning more about our products, including our GFCI breaker dock box, contact us at Dockside Power today.
Boat Dock Safety
At a boat dock, there is a surprising amount of electricity, and even the most experienced boater can forget the dangers associated with being that close to electricity. So, it is important to be aware of the risk that electrical hazards can pose to your boating experience. Here are some tips to keep safe around the electrical parts of your boat dock.
- Get your power box regularly inspected. This is the first (and easiest) thing that you can do. You do not want to have an issue with your power box and let it go unchecked, as this can cause more issues down the line.
- Never swim in your marina. Swimming can be dangerous enough around that many boats, but when you factor in the electricity, it becomes an even bigger issue.
- Turn off your power pedestal if you fear there are any issues with its electricity. Have your power pedestal checked out by a certified marine electrician.
- When you turn off the power, be sure to do so from the dry ground of the dock and not from the water.
- If dock safety is particularly important to you, have a yearly safety meeting to discuss the safety precautions that you want to take in the marina.
Are You Looking for a Power Pedestal with a GFCI Breaker?
If you are looking for a power pedestal for your marina, we at Dockside Power can help. We value quality and are always seeking to improve. That is why we can guarantee the quality of our products, and ensure that we will always try to help you be as safe as possible.
Dockside Power is a power pedestal specialist located in Hollywood, Florida. We offer power pedestals with a variety of accessories including a GFCI breaker. We understand the value of getting everything you need in order to keep people safe. People are prone to danger when they do not know how dangerous their actions are; that is why it is so important to make sure to educate those who are going to be in and out of the marina often. Only that way are you going to be able to keep them safe. If you are interested in learning more about our services and how we can help you, contact us at Dockside Power today.