Did you know that the average meter reader makes multiple mistakes each day when calculating power and water usage?” These mistakes can add up. Here at Dockside Power Inc., we have developed a data monitoring system that helps you avoid these unnecessary costs, and that makes problems with marina power and lighting a thing of the past. Located near Naples we are here to relieve some of the stress that comes with being a marina owner trying to figure out marine electricity.
Our Energy Management System
With our system, you can enable the dock master to remotely monitor the energy date of electric power and water consumption of every slip. The monitoring we provide includes voltage, amps, and KwH, and gallons used. This system not only diminished the margin of human error, but also increases the effectiveness and efficiency of a Dock Master and the staff involved. With the data collected, the information is transferred into the point-of-sale system for billing purposes.
This is a great benefit for a marina owner because it gives them the option to remotely turn off power for unoccupied slips. This way, unused slips do not waste marine electricity. Like any other appliance or electric service, when the docks bos idles it can potentially be a costly expense. With remote shut-off capability, you can areduce your carbon footprint, and be able to advertise as a green marina.
Marina Power and Lighting Benefits
Thanks to System Group Technologies, we were able to develop an innovative marina power distribution and monitoring system. There are many benefits to having this system, including:
- Logging and reporting of marina power data
- Real-time monitoring of power usage and parameters
- Energy usage reduced when slips are not in use
Our marina control system is equipped with a Programmable Logic Controller designed for specific marina monitoring and control functions, as well as a Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) system for Dockmaster interface to the system, alarming, and data recording.
Our Marina Project Design
- Pedestal Design
- Dockside Power design with reliable and compact integrated power, metering, and communication.
- Intelligent Meter Integrated with Pedestal
- “Smart” meter used for power and water monitoring, which is networked to central monitoring and control system.
- Marina Control System
- Programmable Logic Controller designed for specific marina monitoring and control functions.
- Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) system for Dockmaster interface to system, alarming, and data recovery.
- Marina Network
- Custom designed network using any or all of fiber optic, Cat5/6 cable, and appropriate wireless technologies.
Contact Us Today
If you are a proud marina owner, we are the resource you have been looking for. Utilize our marina power and lighting. Dockside Power, Inc. was established to provide the ultimate solution to the marine power requirements of marinas and homes. With over 40 years of experience in marine power, we custom design power pedestals unique to your needs. All products are here for you at our location near Naples. Contact us today to get all the necessary information you need in regards to marine electricity and marina requirements. We are here to help!